The week is over, it’s time to get the #wrapparty started!
– Jump-Start Your Video Optimization & Promotion (Content Marketing Institute): This is a GREAT post – in-depth, with a ton of applicable tips to create the best YouTube channel possible for your business.
– 7 Brilliant Video Marketing Campaigns You’ll Actually Enjoy Watching (HubSpot): We really like this quote from the article – “And what better medium to propel this new wave of humanized marketing than video? It’s one of the most effective mediums for marketers — a study by Invodo discovered that 52% of marketing professionals worldwide name video as the type of content with the best ROI.”
– Like it or not, autoplay video won (Digiday): How did autoplay survive mass hatred? Facebook made us do it. With the lack of pushback from Facebook users, other platforms are more readily accepting of the tactic and putting it to use. Note that when you click on the FastCo.Create article in the video section below, the header is a video on autoplay. Wide acceptance, indeed.
– Facebook Set to Seriously Challenge YouTube for Video Advertising Spend [Survey] (ReelSEO): “On the heels of all of the recent Facebook buzz, it’s no wonder the numbers jumped to show that 87% plan to run an ad on Facebook, compared to 81.5% on YouTube in 2015.”
– STUDY: Facebook Video Ads Thrive; Twitter Advertisers Must Go Mobile (SocialTimes): Click-through for the full report, and a few highlights. “Click-through rates for video ads (desktop and mobile) were up 57 percent in the first quarter of 2015 compared with the fourth-quarter of 2014. As a result, 31 percent of Facebook ad budgets have shifted to video ads.”
– Yahoo Bolsters Video Ad Offerings with Native Video & App Install Ad Units (MarketingLand): “According to the release, users that viewed native video ads on Yahoo saw brand favorability increase up to 50% — and purchase intent also increasing up to 28%.”
– How Coca-Cola is Sharing its Sustainability Story Via YouTube (ReelSEO): This is a long read, but well worth it. Coca-Cola’s strategy is broken down into tips on what kind of content connects with viewers and how to do it.
– This Fun Interactive Music Video Is Actually An Ad For Laundry Detergent (FastCo.Create)
– Ben & Jerry’s “Introducing the BRRR-ito!”
– Mumsnet “Ellemae”
– Pandora “The Unique Connection”
For more informative and entertaining articles about the strange and wonderful world of video, subscribe to our blog below. Fun fact: North by Northwest Boise is celebrating its 22nd year, and over 10,000 videos! It feels good, and we’re accepting all birthday cards, gifts, and cake at our physical location.
(Featured image via)
About the Author
Stephanie Norell is the Marketing Director for North by Northwest’s Boise office. She loves horror movies and Pinterest, adores the classic film Xanadu, and “enjoys” disseminating her thoughts for trolls to discuss online.