The week is over, it’s time to get the #wrapparty started!
– Chevy Runs Digital Video Ads in Print (Yes, You Read That Right) (Ad Age): “‘We had these awesome digital films that we created for the Colorado launch and we thought, why not … put video in print,’ said Jill Mida, manager-Chevrolet Truck Advertising.” She calls the ads “obviously expensive.” Um, ya think?
– These 3-D Mobile Ads are Grabbing Brands’ Attention (AdWeek): All it takes is a little bit of trickery, but it pulls off a very cool 3-D effect…especially the Jamison video. It’s almost noon somewhere, right?
– How Old Navy is winning at YouTube (Digiday): The preferred brand of suburbia is leaving other popular brands such as J.Crew and it’s mama-brand, Gap, in the dust when it comes to a YouTube strategy. As the article points out, the aforementioned J.Crew YouTube account hasn’t even been updated since Christmas, while Old Navy provides fresh content regularly.
– Are Silent Movies the Future of Advertising? (Ad Age): Facebook made their intentions to take over the world of online video clear at the F8 Conference this year…and they are already influencing the way we watch.
– 4 Tips for Sharing Videos on Facebook (Convince & Convert): C&C offers some practical tips on connecting with your Facebook audience via video.
– The future of digital TV advertising, in 5 charts (Digiday): Stats! Everyone loves statistics, especially if they show audience behavior.
– The 3 Videos Every Business Needs on Its Website (Entrepreneur)
– Nike is making it’s biggest ever women’s push (Business Insider)
– Target “Lilly Pulitzer for Target”
– Hyundai Worldwide “Hyundai: A Message to Space”
– Guitar Hero Games “Official Guitar Hero Live Reveal Trailer”
– CWTV “Superhero Fight Club”
For more informative and entertaining articles about the strange and wonderful world of video, subscribe to our blog below. Fun fact: North by Northwest Boise is celebrating its 22nd year, and over 10,000 videos! It feels good, and we’re accepting all birthday cards, gifts, and cake at our physical location.
(Featured image via)
About the Author
Stephanie Norell is the Marketing Director for North by Northwest’s Boise office. She loves horror movies and Pinterest, adores the classic film Xanadu, and “enjoys” disseminating her thoughts for trolls to discuss online.