3 minute read
Welcome to Part 2 of our self-styled video marketing education resource series. Most of us would love to have the time and funds to continue our marketing education through legit University courses, however, it’s not always possible when areas such as marketing technologies change so rapidly. If you’re looking to learn a little while you work, at a low-to-no cost, read through for part 2, then take a look at “Part 1: 8 Great Minds to Follow on Twitter” if you missed it.
Next week, we’ll cover online courses, but for now, pop these on while performing a tedious task and you’ll be a pro in no time.
1. ReelSEO Tube Talk -It’s no secret we are big fans of ReelSEO.com’s straight-forward and helpful content on their site, and here’s a way to drink it in through your headphones. If you get hooked, you’ll also have the luxury of watching the video version on their website.
2. Video Marketing for Profit – This new podcast from Marcus Seeger, the author of Video Marketing for Profit: 14 Proven Strategies for Accelerated Business Growth, covers a lot of ground in its short tenure of 7 episodes thus far. Listen for interviews on video strategy, using video as part of your sales funnel, and more. We’re definitely looking forward to the next episode!
3. Video Marketing Madness – This podcast has a bit of a “Car Guys” feel, but features interviews with agency folks working with the medium.
4. Web Video Marketing Show – Although this podcast seems to be dead, with no new episodes posted since 2014, the archive is well worth jumping into for creative interviews on video marketing.
5. This Week in Video Marketing – Unfortunately, new episodes are posted sporadically, with large gaps between. Again, the archive is full of gems, and a must-listen.
No education is complete without being well-rounded, so here are a few faves in the general content marketing arena:
6. Online Marketing Made Easy with Amy Porterfield – Mrs. Porterfield knows her stuff! This podcast deals with Facebook-specific tips, and includes a few focused on using video on the FB.
7. Marketing Smarts from Marketing Profs – Marketing Smarts covers a wide breadth of content and marketing topics. If you’re looking for well-roundedness, this is the place to go.
8. Mad Marketing by Marcus Sheridan, The Sales Lion – Marcus Sheridan is sometimes known as the “Pool Guy.” Sheridan grew his swimming pool company by being one of the first brick-and-mortar businesses to truly embrace inbound marketing. He has since become an expert and consultant on inbound through TheSalesLion.com. Here, he offers valuable discussions on myriad marketing topics.
9. Rainmaker.FM Master Feed – And then…there’s the motherload. Awesome, must-read, content marketing blog Copyblogger recently launched their Rainmaker network. This includes eight different podcast series, each with an emphasis on a certain aspect of content marketing…some focus on copywriting and content development, others on issues of SEO.
Don’t miss out on the next installment – Sign up below to join our blogging community!
For more informative and entertaining articles about the strange and wonderful world of video, subscribe to our blog below. Fun fact: North by Northwest Boise is celebrating its 22nd year, and over 10,000 videos! It feels good, and we’re accepting all birthday cards, gifts, and cake at our physical location.
About the Author
Stephanie Norell is the Marketing Director for North by Northwest’s Boise office. She loves horror movies and Pinterest, adores the classic film Xanadu, and “enjoys” disseminating her thoughts for trolls to discuss online.