The week is over, it’s time to get the #wrapparty started!
– Connecting with the Cosmos: The Total Audience Media Universe (Nielsen): The right side of this graph is of particular interest to us, as it provides numbers for what we all know we already do – watch TV on screens that are not TVs.
– ESPN Urges Advertisers to Hit All Devices (Wall Street Journal): With upfronts coming up, ESPN’s team is directing advertisers to utilize a combined approach of television commercials and in-app short-form videos. By their statistics, using this strategy, “led to a 160% increase in purchase intent than if the marketer only ran a TV ad. Awareness increased 36% and word of mouth rose 67%, the study found.”
– How To Be A Storyteller (Convince and Convert): C&C provides tips and examples including the most valuable: “The first and probably most important step is recognizing that every company can be a storyteller”
– Posting Video Content Online: 5 Essential Considerations (VidYard): VidYard offers up some awesome knowledge as usual, with tactical tips to start using today.
– YouTube Adds More Interaction to Videos with Cards (Duct Tape Marketing): Now that we’re all comfy and cozy with Twitter cards, YouTube is following suit with the introduction of Video Cards, to be used by the purpose of the video (i.e. fundraising, website promotion, etc.).
– Why Emotions Matter to Advertisers (Unruly): Unruly’s Viral Video Chart shows emotional advertising as the forerunning trend of 2015.
– Incredible Egg “Wake Up With Eggs and Bacon”
– OK Go “Red Star Macalline Commercial”
(Featured image via)
About the Author
Stephanie Norell is the Marketing Director for North by Northwest’s Boise office. She loves horror movies and Pinterest, adores the classic film Xanadu, and “enjoys” disseminating her thoughts for trolls to discuss online.