The week is over, it’s time to get the #wrapparty started!
– The 10 Most Important YouTube Videos of All Time (Business Insider): Fun fact – The first video uploaded to the site was an awkward chat with a cofounder regarding elephant trunks. Click through to watch it, Psy, and more.
– How to Promote Your Business or Brand with AdWords for Video (ReelSEO): “How can you test out titles and search terms with AdWords for Video, and why does it help? How and why to get viewers to click rather than skip ads in the first five seconds? How can you grow subscribers with TrueView Remarketing?” The YouTube How-To guys from ReelSEO answer these questions.
– Beyond TOFU: How Video Can Beef Up the Entire Buyer’s Journey (Vidyard): Umm…TOFU? VidYard has some great tips for matching video to each stage of your business’ funnel, and relates it to food. Mmm food….
– JCPenney’s 4 cent Video Ads on Twitter Could Threaten YouTube’s Longtime Dominance (AdWeek): JCPenney’s holiday digital-only campaign “Just Got Jingled” was promoted on Twitter, using their new native tools for video ads, and generated more than 3 million views, with 9 out of 10 impressions unpaid.
– 5 Things We Learned About Digital’s Effect on TV Advertisers (DigiDay): The last being, “The focus on content is getting lost,” he [Jack Haber] said. “What you put in front of someone is so critically important. There isn’t enough conversation using words like ‘desire’ and ‘emotion,’ and that is critically important. A message that doesn’t move me isn’t worth sending.”
– Why Do Stories Matter? That’s Like Asking Why You Should Eat (Contently): “Q: Do you think stories actually matter, or were you just humoring us? A: I genuinely do believe that stories are as vital as eating or breathing. They make our memories real and their details come to define the narratives that make us who we are.”
– Developing the Brand Storytelling Plan (Business2Community): B2C details the structure of a cohesive brand storytelling plan.
– This is why we can’t have nice things! Why moms get nothing done:
– Celebrating Photoshop’s 25th year, is Adobe’s ad featuring a guy who’s mouth looks photoshopped on
– We’ll go out on a humorous note. Would you save a bro?
(Featured image via)
About the Author
Stephanie Norell is the Marketing Director for North by Northwest’s Boise office. She loves horror movies and Pinterest, adores the classic film Xanadu, and “enjoys” disseminating her thoughts for trolls to discuss online.