4 minute read
1. Percentage of shares a brand video attracts online in first 3 days of launch has doubled in last 12 months (ReelSEO)
2. Using the word “video” in email subject lines boosts open rates (19%), CTR rates by (65%), and reduces unsubscribes (25%) (Syndacast)
3. Videos on landing pages increase conversions by 86% (SocialFresh)
4. Promotion channels will be further fragmented; Content will continue to be tailored to each marketing channel (TopRank)
5. Video will be key in humanizing your brand (B2Community)
6. With its two-way engagement and completion rates of 90% and above, interactive video is poised to become the single most powerful tool companies have to communicate with customers and demonstrate true ROI to the higher-ups. We think 2015 will be the year that video marketers realize the power of interactive video and incorporate it in their marketing strategies for the year.
“Consider what it really means that consumers and brands can have an interactive, multidirectional, even personalized relationship with programming content that allows them to figuratively reach through the screen to extract information and entertainment of value to them,” AdWeek’s Randall Rothenberg said at this year’s NewFronts. (Forbes)
7. Keep the message short. Consumers will be less tolerant of lengthy videos, and long advertisements. (B2Community)
8. Company videos that target a wider audience with humor and easy-to-digest information will succeed over more formal video presentations. (B2Community)
9. Top predicted video content trends: Trackvertising (music video/advertisement combo), Fempowerment, & Social Good (ReelSEO)
10. The ability to craft visual stories that inspire emotion and spark the movement will help companies get noticed and amplify their message throughout those communities. (TopRank)
11. Web video and, by association, Web ads, used to be fairly low quality…but original digital content is growing up fast. Great content creators like Conde Nast Entertainment, AOL, and Vice Media (to name a few) are producing spectacular digital-only shows designed to target an exclusively digital audience with high-quality content, and this trend will continue to grow in 2015.
These new digital programs also provide opportunities for agencies to deliver premium ad content meant for the Web to an audience most comfortable on the Web. The sites themselves will become more sophisticated, which means the premium or native ads they support will elevate brands to reach important audiences.
Content marketing and programming are no different. Agencies will make the choice in 2015 to allocate budget in a new way. Three out of four brand marketers and advertising agency executives said they expect original digital video programming to be as important as TV programming within the next three to five years.
Each year, more and more people are ditching cable and are opting for online services like Netflix and Hulu. Naturally, a greater number of companies are moving funds away from TV ads, TV production budgets, and TV ad buys – all of which provide little to no insight into the viewer. That money will instead go to the amazing digital content being produced on a platform where marketers can measure everything as well as hit critical demographics like Millennials.” (Forbes)
12. “Facebook will challenge YouTube as a video destination with more than one billion video views on average every day.” (B2Community)
13. “Today, over 20% of video views are happening on mobile devices, and that trend is growing quickly. According to a recent eMarketer study, more than 77% of all tablet users will watch video programming on their devices at least monthly, and that penetration rate will grow to 87% by 2018, totaling 149 million tablet video viewers. To put that into context, more than 70% of all digital video viewers will be watching on a tablet in 2018.” (Forbes)
14. The survey found that although the primary placement of videos was on the brand website (81%), it was actually most effective in the second most used location – video sharing sites like YouTube (26%). The website was found to be the second most effective channel at 22%. (InsideCXM)
15. 58% of top-performing companies (defined as those where marketing contributes more than half of the sales pipeline) have adopted marketing automation, and a greater amount of agencies will become fluent in the marketing automation world in the coming year as the adoption of marketing automation technology is expected to increase by 50% by 2015, according to SiriusDecisions.
But businesses will take marketing automation a step further this year by integrating their marketing automation systems (MAS) with their video content. The metrics and results that agencies will present to brands from their MAS-integrated videos will forever change the depth of analytics and customer information that brands expect from their videos. Gathering and sorting lead and engagement data to qualify leads, drive sales, and to understand the difference between mass viewers and target audience viewers is finally possible (and easy to collect) via marketing automation-integrated video. (Forbes)
(Featured image via)
About the Author
Stephanie Norell is the Marketing Director for North by Northwest’s Boise office. She loves horror movies and Pinterest, adores the classic film Xanadu, and “enjoys” disseminating her thoughts for trolls to discuss online.